paneer seared rice formula with regulated photographs – indian propelled formula of a gently spiced paneer broiled rice with blended veggies.
rice and rotis are a staple in most indian homes. so it is in our home as well. there are different ways rice can be utilized as a part of a dish. this formula of paneer seared rice is like the planning of vegetable broiled rice. only that it has a plain taste, is mellow, not fiery and hence kid neighborly. accordingly, this paneer singed rice goes well in the tiffin box.
Rather than paneer you can likewise utilize tofu. on the off chance that you have remaining rice, then the formula rushes to make. a comparable singed rice formula i make with mushrooms is this mushroom fricasseed rice. you can likewise observe schezwan singed rice formula.
i have included blended veggies (carrots, french beans and capsicum). you can include your decision of veggies. i would not propose to skirt the veggies, as they give a decent crunch and composition to the entire dish separated from making it more nutritious.
Paneer Fried Rice RecipeBelow:
paneer fried rice - mildly spiced indian style paneer fried rice
INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
for cooking rice:
- 1 heaped cup rice, regular or basmati rice, 220 grams, or 4.5 to 5 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1.75 cups water
- ½ tsp oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp shahjeera/caraway seeds or cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 medium onion, chopped or ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste or 3 to 4 garlic + ½ inch ginger, crushed to a paste in mortar-pestle
- 1 medium to large tomato, chopped or ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 small to medium carrot, grated or shredded or chopped finely, about ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- 7 to 9 french beans, thinly sliced or finely chopped, about ⅓ cup thinly sliced french beans
- 1 small bell pepper or capsicum, finely chopped, about ⅓ cup finely chopped capsicum
- 250 grams paneer, chopped in cubes
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper or pepper powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder or add as per taste
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- salt as required
- rinse 1 heaped cup regular rice or basmati rice very well in water. then soak the rice grains in water for 30 minutes.
- after 30 minutes, drain and add the rice in a pressure cooker. add salt.
- pour 1.75 cups water and drizzle ½ tsp oil.
- stir and pressure cook the rice for 2 whistles or for about 10 minutes. when the pressure settles down on its own, remove the lid and fluff the rice. you can also cook the rice in a pot. if using cooked rice, the amount to be added is 4.5 to 5 cups of cooked rice.
- you can also take the rice in a plate and allow the grains to cool completely, before you add them to the stir fried veggies.
- meanwhile, when the rice is soaking, you can do the prep work by grating or shredding the carrot, thinly slicing the french beans, finely chopping the capscium/green bell pepper and chopping the onion and tomato.
preparing stir fried rice:
- heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep pan or kadai and add ½ tsp shahjeera/caraway seeds or cumin seeds/jeera. saute till they splutter.
- then add the finely chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
- next add the chopped tomatoes. stir well.
- saute till the tomatoes soften and turn mushy.
- now add the thinly sliced french beans. stir fry on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- then add the grated carrots and finely chopped capsicum. mix and continue to stir fry on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- then add paneer cubes. also sprinkle some ½ tsp crushed black pepper or pepper powder, ¼ tsp red chili powder and ½ tsp garam masala powder. stir and mix very well.
- then add the cooked rice. season with salt.
- gently stir and mix everything very well. you can add the rice in parts if you want. check the taste and add more spice powders or salt as per your taste preferences.
- serve paneer fried rice with a side veggie salad or raita.